View Single Post
Old 09-19-2017, 10:08 AM

I always assumed that earlier Teams woke up, tried to do their mission, but either got wiped out or else were only ever able to progress on a small scale. A lone Team, even a facility, is quite vulnerable, so I don't think it implausible that the few Teams that were awakened simply got destroyed or just died out, perhaps leaving behind some legacy.

A village that provides food for a wide region, staving off destruction using the handful of remaining small arms and a dismounted V-150 turret hand-cranked to cover the village gate.

A hospital that cares for everyone who comes to it, lead by the last member of a Science Medical Team and aided by the children and disciples of his old teammates.

A guerilla unit trying to hold back the KFS, wearing the uniforms and carrying the equipment of the Team that trained them decades earlier before dying valiantly under the superior firepower of the Free State.

As the players travel, they should see and learn from the remains of the Teams that came before.

And I absolutely agree that there should be protocols for taking progressively higher command. A Team might lose its leadership in the field, and the new TL might need to use official resources in that capacity without the intervention of Prime Base, so perhaps the supply base in Starnaman can give temporary command at level X so long as they have 3 other people at level X-1 willing to authorize it. Or perhaps there is a special comms channel where someone can assert command authority and wait for someone higher to reject it. But there should be something.