View Single Post
Old 07-06-2014, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormlion1 View Post
Actually I would go for less Hi-Tech equipment myself. Newer gear will break more easily and something like GPS would be useless as satellites were destroyed or there not being enough of them to get a good signal. About all I would add is a Laptop for all the maps and books with a charger mounted inside to keep it powered as well as any other equipment it could be used for.
Actually, if we think about this in the framework of the Project working as planned, we can assume GPS in a short period of time. Canon says Morrow has a satellite in orbit. It is not a bit stretch to say they might have a small GPS network up and by using A-GPS, the team doesn't need to have a fix on three satellites if a terrestrial signal is available. Repair and refit some cell towers in operational areas and you have the GPS running pretty well.

I was assuming mil-spec systems be installed. They are pretty robust and a vehicle mounted system would be much faster than a laptop for things like popping up the pod from cover in the pre-dawn and in less than a minute having a series of photo that look like they were taken around noon.