Thread: TW2k13
View Single Post
Old 04-22-2017, 07:47 AM
This Sourcebook Kills Fascists

Quote:
Originally Posted by swaghauler View Post
I was wondering if anyone had ever considered backtracking the TW2K13 rules to a more V2.2-like version. I wonder how much modification it would take to the Reflex System to just roll a single 1D20 BUT still use the Margins of Success and Margins of Failure the system uses. My first thought is to add the Skill Level number to the Base Target Number (as determined by the task's required characteristic score). I'd then add the modifiers but drop the limit of +5 to the Target Number bonuses. This seems to balance the Margin of Success probability when using only a single die to determine success.

Has anyone ever tried this?
I've all but completely abandoned Reflex. With the clarity of hindsight, it'd be adequate as a computer-mediated system but it's too slow and cumbersome for the sort of tabletop play I prefer. Recently, I've found myself returning once again to one of its inspirations: the Synergy engine in second edition Blue Planet.

- C.

Author of The Pacific Northwest, coauthor of Tara Romaneasca, creator of several other free Twilight: 2000 and Twilight: 2013 resources, and curator of an intermittent gaming blog.

It rarely takes more than a page to recognize that you're in the presence of someone who can write, but it only takes a sentence to know you're dealing with someone who can't.
- Josh Olson

Last edited by Tegyrius; 04-22-2017 at 08:22 AM.