View Single Post
Old 05-04-2017, 01:05 PM

Default Another newbie

Glad to have found you guys ... not a lot of support for T2K on the interwebs, but this is definitely the oasis in the desert.

I started playing T2K with the 1st edition when it was first released back in, what? '83? '84? ... a really long time ago! I played a lot of 1st edition with my high school group back then, but I never bought much extra for the game (i.e: modules, sourcebooks, etc. ... I only had the U.S. and Soviet vehicle guides, Small Arms guide, and the RDF sourcebook), I ran it kind of sandbox style and we had a blast. Then when 2nd edition hit the scene, I gobbled up everything for that version, but unfortunately my game group had dwindled by that time and I never really got to play it much (though I did run a Merc:2000 game for awhile that took place in Afghanistan during the Soviet invasion, hell some of my players even played Mujihadeen ... this was well before 9/11 and Al Queda).

Fast forward to today. I'm rediscovering T2K, I have a small but willing group of players (all much younger than me, but all very into the concept), and we can't wait to get started. I'm running 1st edition for them after much deliberation, and I've purchased all the 1st edition .pdf's and I'm ready to roll.

Can't wait to dig through the years of posts available here, and to hopefully contribute a bit myself.