Thread: Bards
View Single Post
Old 03-23-2015, 07:22 AM

Default Bards NPC`s & PC´s

I think bards are actually a pretty likely thing to appear in the less anarchic regions of the T2k world.
Think about wandering folks f.e. in silesia/poland from the early campaign (we even had a few possible groups for them to join in several NPC-threads; gypsies, or "Damian the river-pimp" for the vistula-setting!).

In a world with declining technology (no radios/tv-stations/neon-lighted clubs with loud music) there is a need for entertainment & travellers telling tales from the last village they visited...

Such NPC´s/PC´s should have at least skills like any civilian refugee/survivor AND some form of musical/artistic special-ability to earn not only a meal or two.
And like wandering merchants in the postapocalypse some survival and combat-skills (quite a spectrum like the "Others"-Career in Classic-Traveller, +an instrument/singing/athletics).

They could be a form of "uncensored medium" / informationsbrokers (spys ?! Yes, a good longterm-cover* for a group of agents/commandos) from outside. Not only could they expect money from curious merchants, travelling in the opposite direction, but they could rotate in a certain area* between secure villages with a carnivale (there is a TV-series about the great depression in the 30`s of the same name, which i recommend).

If they had some charisma and social skills to them as well, i ´ll be sure they could make a decent living (compared to other non-military in T2k).