View Single Post
Old 05-20-2009, 11:33 AM
...not exactly open casket material

Send a message via MSN to General Pain
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by headquarters
EUREKA SEPT.26th + 7 C*

[I]Standing in front of his bathroom mirror, General Pain was humming to himself as he shaved.Carmina Burana didnt hum well,but years of practice had thaugt him to save something for the finale .He was pretty pleased by his result .

Steam from the hot runing water -maybe one of the last working faucets in the western hemisphere, was condensing on the mirror making it impossible to see."Damn it!" he said aloud .When were they gonna come up with a non fogging mirror? Or did they have one already .He grabbed his radio set ,always by his side and yelled into the mike .

"Graveyard,graveyard this is the Ferryman over"

A static hiss .

"Graveyard-this is Ferryman over !"

"This is graveyard -over" .The voice sounded nervous ."Listen here graveyard -I need you to run something down for me " .Even if they hadnt answered right away he was in too good a mood for any court marshalls to night ."This is Ferryman -I need you to find out if there is such a thing as a non-fog mirror ,do you copy ?"

"Graveyard here -a non -fog mirror Sir? In regards to what operation ?"
"This is the Ferryman ! Enough with the questions .I expect a report on my desk by 0800 hrs tomorrow.Ferryman out!".

He wiped the rest of the shaving foam off his chin and put his shirt on .Outsidethe bathroom door ,on its stand stood his representation armour in a spiffy black and gold plate over black kevlar .No reason not to be in tactical gear even if he was going out .On the other hand ,no excuse for looking unkempt either .After all he had a reputation to maintain .The biggest and baddest warlord on American soil -ever- going to a social function not looking like an evil overlord ? That wouldnt do !Anyways-he had missed wearing this particular armour after his PR consultants had gone against his plans to declare himslef a God -King and the armours and gear that he had prepared for his divinity had to be stowed.He snickered a little at the idea ,and downed a glass of Brandy that sat on the wash basin .

Still humming he strapped on a polished black leather belt and checked the chamber of the PainTek .666 not quite regulation sidearm.He had customized himself .Stainless nickle finish,match trigger,heavy,ported barrel and bevelled mag well.It was a nice gun -among his better work .He slid the heavy armour over his head and fastned the buckles .There were alot of them and they had to be fitted just right or the armour would look all slapdash on him .He poured himself a prewar whiskey and posed for the mirror.The old armour still fitted .The cape to go with it had a minor spot on it just below the wolf fur collar -he doubted very much that anyone would have the courage to stare long enough to notice it -let alone mention such a thing .

The invitation on his desk was for General Pain alone .But he had bought a few more invitations for some of his men to join the crowd in undercover attire ."better safe than sorry" he mumbled and poured him self another one .Damn things were gone before you knew it !
He looked into the picnic bag he had had prepared by his quartermaster.
The list on top of the contents had been checked with a red marker .It read :

2x bottles Bollinger (any vintage - or some Veuve Cliquot if not )
He had gotten the Veuve Cliquot .
3 cans of Iranian caviar and some of those crackers you know I like
1x Mac Ingram M-11 cal .45 w 4 mags- loaded.
1 bottle single malt -maybe a Glen Garioch if we havnt run out
Cutlery for 5 people
20 tabs certified Antibiotics for gambling
napkins

Well pleased he used the note to light a cigar .The taste wasnt quite as he had expected .Hmm..Dominican .Oh-well.They were pretty much just as good really in his secret opinion.
He would be damned if he was goingto mingle with a lot of redneck refugees and drink the fermented piss they got drunk on when he could just bring his own .

After all-what was a death match if not accompanied by Champagne and caviar ?

I'm sooooooo there.........priceless....Veuve Cliquot is actually one of my favourite champagnes...especially the Grand Dame vintage...mmmmmm

(24,95 euros pr glass at KaDeWe)

...as my mother says....life is too short to drink bad red wine.....