View Single Post
Old 10-10-2013, 05:28 AM

Default So how much money has the Project got?

When setting up my first campaign for the Morrow Project one question that puzzled me was; how much money does the project actually have? With which to buy equipment, facilities, train team members etc.

So the project has at least one time traveller who can read the share prices, see whose winning sports events. It's got perhaps 200 earth changing technological patents all this and with it's sponsors maybe a billion dollars to invest.

The answer seemed to me to be unlimited, literally the project could generate as much money as it needs.

Of course if the world is ending in a few decades, this isn't as much help as you'd think. There's only a few hundred scientists who could build the cold fusion reactors or cryo tubes in the whole world. So governments start wondering why they're wondering off on 5 million dollar a year contracts.

You can pay a building company to dig out your 10 story state of the art bunker, but how do you stop them talking about it?

And once you start buying missiles and training cells of trained fighters, then you look just like a revolutionary, terrorist organisation.

So the project is held up by a number of issues; it needs total secrecy, it has massive complex goals, it has no government support and it has a short time table.

Thus creating the bizarre state of Project equipment. Primitive armoured vehicles with futuristic power sources, hand scanners that can diagnosis any illness alongside 40 year old pistols.

In fact a retro adventure is something I've been working on. When the council of tomorrow uses future project members to help them right now. With everything from kidnapping scientists, to buying truckloads of illegal arms and quietly covering up leaks.