Thread: MP Gear
View Single Post
Old 12-11-2013, 05:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormlion1 View Post
The oddity is that there was a need to store personnel effects when you were going to originally going to wake up in something like five years after the apocalypse! Of course the team that was put to sleep in the 70's will be in for a rude shock to discover 8-tracks and bell bottoms are long out of date even if they are personal effects. I understand needing something to latch onto though. What I never understood was the Morrow Project supposed to set up bases after the nukes fell and do good from there? travel about? If the plan was to set up a permanent base camp and operate from there personal effects make sense but I a team like a recon team was main job to travel about the amount of effects would be severely restricted.
I agree that personal effect should be limited. One Shoebox was it in my games.

Now as to bases, I think that you are correct that the Recon teams are the "travelling salesmen" of Morrow. They also look to see who needs what the most. Then Science teams and/or MARS could be dispatched to deal with larger problems.

Most of my games, the Recon Team is ALONE!!! What I noticed was the characters finding the first place that needed them, fixing what ever problem existed, then use that area as a base of operations. It seemed to make sense. You are 150+ YEARS out of sync with the plan.

My $0.02

Mike