View Single Post
Old 06-19-2017, 11:26 AM
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to kato13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raellus View Post
Again, I can see how HW can really bother GM's with a macro-view mindset focused on world-building, but I also agree with those who've pointed out that the players in a single campaign are probably not too worried about the big picture- are they really going to know or care about the TOE of the entire U.S. military c. 2001, or the nationwide death rate? They're probably going to be more concerned about the marauders over the next hill, or the NA cell trying to set up shop near their cantonment, or feeding the small town they call home.
I can see both sides but an HW with many smaller problems can be enjoyable to more groups. If everything goes bad you get the current HW, if the players can solve one or two problems in a macro way, you get something just a little bit better in one region. If you have a HUGE macro campaign where you can get traffic moving on the Mississippi, Tamiflu to the great lakes states and petrochemical fertilizers and insecticides from Texas to the South, maybe just maybe a real difference can be made.

Last edited by kato13; 06-19-2017 at 11:32 AM. Reason: typo