View Single Post
Old 03-20-2022, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tegyrius View Post
As you've observed, NPCs should port over in terms of quality level. For named NPCs with listed v1 percentile skills, I'd divide by 5 to get the v2.2 asset. You'll be okay with weapons and vehicles if you have the v2.0 equipment books (or use Paul Mulcahy's stats, if you prefer his math to GDW's). Don't forget to multiply ammo allocations by 3 when converting any v1 cache contents to v2!

The encounter tables in the v1 modules are specific to each locale and scenario. I'd use them in place of the generalized v2 encounter rules while the PCs were actively adventuring in the specified area, but use the general rules for overland travel between plot elements (if needed).

Beyond those elements, you should have limited needs for rules conversion. I flipped through a few different randomly-selected modules while composing this post and didn't see anything that would look particularly troublesome.

- C.
You beat me to it Teg! As Teg mentioned, the only thing you really have to do is convert percentiles to 1-10 range (I will give IMPORTANT NPCs Attribute scores) for the main NPCs and divide scores by 5 for MOOKS. The modules are basically compatible with all the editions IF you change a few stats.