Thread: TW2k13
View Single Post
Old 08-04-2015, 05:54 PM
Resident Medic, Crazy Finn

As a medical professional (registered nurse with experience from EMS, OR, ER and ICU, not to mention Combat Medical NCO), I would say one loses one point of both every three days, unless someone administers physical therapy and the character in question passes a Fitness check.

However, the rules state as follows:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twilight 2013, page 173
After a critical injury’s modified healing time is up, make a Resolve check. If the check succeeds, one critically injured hit location of your choice heals to a serious injury. If the check fails, you must then make a Fitness check. If this check fails as well, your character receives a permanent impairment (see p. 175) to one randomly-selected critically injured hit location.
The page 175 comments on Physical Therapy and, if you read it through, it gives you an official rule on the subject - imho, the character in the receiving end doesn't have to be awake for the physical therapy to work (we did that quite a bit in the ICU, especially on long term patients). If left untreated, then a comatose patient would lose Muscle and Fitness quickly.
"Listen to me, nugget, and listen good. Don't go poppin' your head out like that, unless you want it shot off. And if you do get it shot off, make sure you're dead, because if you ain't, guess who's gotta drag your sorry ass off the field? Were short on everything, so the only painkiller I have comes in 9mm doses. Now get the hell out of my foxhole!" - an unknown medic somewhere, 2013.