View Single Post
Old 03-09-2009, 09:25 AM
...not exactly open casket material

Send a message via MSN to General Pain
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by theDevil
i should have 10 in computer.

we have earlier talked about breaking the skills up so i can utilize them better. and i have been thinking (that is right y´all)....

if i ave 10 in computer
then maybe i should have 10 in software and 5 in hardware, meaning if i want to be able to make my own equiptment (mainboards or other hardware etc) i have to role on a 5 to make it. if i am hacking (software based) it is on 10.

either way it is getting intresting, for instance:

comming to a door, a high tech door, it is ofcoursed closed.

i try to do my best for opening this door, you deem it difficult(a "hard" door) i dont make the role, i roleplay some junk about getting to see if i can do something else on the door (since i mist the first attempt, i would say it would be as hard as the first, just because "i dont seem to get it!". it doesnt work, so then i could say "i am going to do it the hard-way" taking of the cover, and starting to reroute wires etc...
a new role is then comenced, but since it is harware i have to role against a 5, not making it maybe triggering a silent alarm etc...

i think of this because i do want to be a computer geek, and even though a computer geek never gives up, i do not see "i am going to try again" to be valuable playing time, if not used in a fashion of roleplay...

ok, maybe i am not making myself clear...
i want software computer skills be separate skill, an hardware computer skill to be half of the computer skills.

then you can even throw in combat enginering skill togheter with hardware skill, for instance: a safe door, maybe only needing a gunpowder explosion to get the door opened, if placed at the correct circuit, to override the locking trigger or something.... ...gms discretion...

ANY INPUT???
I was thinking more in the lines of like melee - (grapp,punch/kick)

So ....

Computer programming
Computer designing/construction/engenering/fixing
Computer reverse engenering
Computer hacking
Computer security hacking
Computer specialization (variable) fex: old Vic20 software production

so we have 6 categories (maybe more should be made)

Computer Skill
1-4 - 1 master, 1 speciality,the rest novice
5-7 - 1 master, 2 speciality,the rest novice
8-9 - 2 master, 2 speciality,the rest novice
10 - 3 master 3 speciality

Master = average
Speciality = difficult
novice = very difficult

So 10 in Computer would give u:
3 scores of ten
3 scores of 5

what do u think