View Single Post
Old 02-10-2015, 08:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmySGT. View Post
For game purposes I would simply use it as one of two things. First, as you mentioned in skill checks. Second, so the PD can give the player a second chance if they decide to do something monumentally stupid; something someone with training would know not to do.
I agree.

Quote:
It doesn’t really mean much in the Morrow Project because the team will have between 4-6 personnel. Not enough to attack, marginal on defense, and best option is to break contact in any engagement.

I wouldn’t want to be ambushed by a MP team because of the firepower a team could have. There just isn’t enough for a dedicated attack or raid to have overwhelming manpower (3-1 advantage minimum), a base of fire (Machine gun team, minimum) a command element, a medical element, and a reserve to commit on breakthrough to extract your people if it all goes bad.
Yes, the team itself is small and it should break off from an engagement if possible. But because of the basic training the team can become a cadre of leaders that controls a local community's militia or defense force to conduct an ambush of an attacking force or lead them in the defense of the village or town.

Quote:
Defense. An Infantry platoon has 3-5 squads, and is typically responsible for 100 meters of front per platoon in close terrain like swamps, jungle, and temperate forests.
The upper limit of the tactical training involves direct control as squad leaders of a platoon sized unit or platoon leaders of a company sized unit. Maybe this training is more as a wargame setup using cardboard counters/ miniatures covering several scenarios and a "final exam" conducted in the field.