Thread: OT Gibraltar
View Single Post
Old 04-12-2017, 03:54 PM

Being Catalan, I tend to observe the Spanish dispute with Gibraltar and the UK with some distance (Ei!, two companies of Catalans participated in the assault to Gibraltar in 1704) . But I would say that very few people in Spain are worried about this supposed increase in the tension between Spain and the UK. I do not perceive any kind of concern, only a moderate interest and a certain feeling of disbelief. A kind of “…and now, why are they arguing about Gibraltar, again?” A question that is usually answered shrugging one’s shoulders. Although Gibraltar is a problem that arises from time to time, I think that every time that this happens is because the status of the British Colony is used by both governments following their own interests and mistakes. Quite sure you will find a small group of enthusiastic followers echoing the declarations of their respective governments. But, by the most part, people are not very interested. And both the UK and Spain have much more serious problem to face at the short term.

So, having said this, we are free to produce any T2K variation about the current situation. At least we could get something useful and funny of this last “crisis” (that, of course, will not be The Last).