View Single Post
Old 05-10-2018, 12:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark View Post
Taking a look at CoC 6e and some of the supplements, and comparing them with More Guns!, I came up with a quick and dirty conversion. I ignore pluses, so only the die type and quantity matter.

Weapons with a base damage of 1d4 in CoC do 1 die of damage in T2K and do not have STR bonuses.

Weapons with a 1d6 base damage are either Dam 2 if they are primarily stabbing weapons or 1 + 1/2 Str if they are slashing/striking weapons.

Weapons with a 1d8 base damage are Dam 2 + 1/2 Str if one-handed and Dam 2 + Str if two-handed.

Weapons with a 1d10 base damage are Dam 3 + 1/2 Str, and 2d6 is Dam 3 + Str.

A weapon with CoC base chance 25 or higher is considered to have standard chances to hit. For each 5 percentiles below 25, the weapon is -1 to hit in T2K.

Thank you, yes that makes a great deal of sense.

The way I once put my views on typical zombie/infected movies is my response to the three scenes where "The Walking Dead" shows large animals being killed. In one case this is a tiger, in 2 it is a horse. I said "Imagine getting six of your drunk friends together, then try to catch and eat a live horse with your bare hands and your teeth."

So teeth, hands and nails don't do that much damage, unless you are very well trained. Some might argue that a highly trained martial artist or hand to hand combat expert of whatever sort might do more damage, but they cannot do MORE damage than say a large knife, club or other melee weapon. Therefore if such weapons CAN kill someone but may not in inexpert hands then they should not do the kind of slaughtering, mutilating damage that happens in the movies save by some fluke. So this certainly helps with that.