View Single Post
Old 10-07-2010, 05:34 AM
Volunteer Timeline Errata Coord.

Group.

Not only the first edition but second edition/v2.2 includes some "flavour text" about "Bobbi Lee", a female US Ranger. See page 19. It appears that women in combat roles in the US military is probably not just a "one-off" and it appears in the latest edition.

As for the amusing hypothetical example of "Gronk" (or whatever) the caveman coming to kill your men and steal the women, a women opponent could outwit him (drop a rock on his head, lure him into the den of a pissed-off cave, drop him into a pit with a sabre-toothed tiger, etc.) or just shoot him in the lung with an arrow outside of club range, I would guess that sufficiently answers your question as to who is "better".

I did date a woman (former Section Automatic Weapon Gunner) who I'm sure not only could beat the crap out of me but could probably carry a grown man across her shoulders. Her bonus specialty while stationed at CFB Wainwright was chatting up the "Enemy Force" personnel in the bars to get them to divulge information that would be used against them in the next day's exercise.

Tony