View Single Post
Old 07-18-2009, 07:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcdusk View Post
But having said that, i think your just trying to incororate a penalty for "snap fireing". So i think either having to make an observation roll (quality of pass or fail determines how much of the situation they are able to take in) or reducing accuracy (even if its a nominal -1 (5%)) would be all you need.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legbreaker View Post
As the character is only going to have a brief moment to spot a target(s), then aim their weapon, perhaps requiring an Observation roll would be a good idea also??
Mmmmmm...yes, I would say that and Observation roll seems in order , specially if the possible targets were not previously spotted and if they are stationary and/or in a covered position.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legbreaker View Post
As maximum ROF is very rarely fired (recoil modifiers make it prohibitive for most weapons), that's probably not going to be much of a factor. Hmm, thinking about it, instead of applying a restriction on number of shots, perhaps an increase of the weapons base recoil might be the way to go?
As I would reduce the effective Strenght by half, because of the quick movement to emerge out of cover, both the effective skill and the tolerance to recoil will be reduced. So, I think there's no need to increase the base recoil. But about the ROF, I think you are right. Probably with the recoil effect and the reduced Strenght, there will be no need for a ROF reduction.

Mmmmm...Multi-quote tested