View Single Post
Old 12-31-2017, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragoon500ly View Post
Setting back last night and debated Prime Base with my better half. Her argument is that for Morrow Project to work, Prime Base had to fall. The entire canon is built around that idea. The very thought of finding and restarting Prime cuts across this idea. Better to leave Prime Base and seek out the secondary command base.

IMO, Prime Base should be a sourcebooks that could be used either as an attempt to locate and determine what happened to Prime or as an adventure to locate and activate the secondary base. Giving players multiple choices in fitting the base into their campaign.
For Morrow Project to work as a game? Yes I can see that. However even if the player characters, or someone else locates Prime it will be years before it can be used, if ever. I also agree that Prime has to be able to be fitted in any campaign, not just from Desert Search.

Someone mentioned that for a team of players to seek Prime they have to have a secure region in which they (the PC Morrow Team) is not the lynch pin of civilization. I agree with this as well. As I've said before I use Lonestar as my start. I also made CT-13 to be part of a bigger Combined Group Houston. Some of their adventures are finding other teams and getting them woken up (one of these included a team with a bolt hole that has been submerged by changes in the landscape). CG-Houston is able to support the MP mission in The State of Lesser Texas. CT-13 becomes elite trouble shooters for CG-H and ends up getting sent all over the place to recon, or perform diplomacy or recover other MP resources.

I've never run or played in a campaign were the team stayed in a small location.