View Single Post
Old 12-31-2008, 11:45 PM

In the past I worked with the P90. Most of the operators hated it due to the underpowered round. It just did not have any punch after 50 meters due to the weight of the round. The Mp5 now; I used it all with a couple of different rounds. A 90GR franagble a 115GR FMJ and a 147gr Hollow Point. I used to stack them. With the three rounds I used to be able to control the full auto with any round burst. when you fire 10 to 20K rounds a year you get good with it. The three rounds would mess stuff up. when we converted in 00' to the M4 CQBW it was a god send . now I can fire close with no recoil but I also can ping shit at 300m with my eotech sight. I used it for 3 to 5 years and its my Favorate in service long gun. So from my side in being with the big three Govt agencys and the DOD. They all want the M4 CQBW and. The big myth of the M16 Familys failing in combat is just that a myth. out of the hundreds of thousands of rounds fired in combat and the after actions most of the fails come down to dirty mags and not seating the Mag when reloading. More or less i hurried to fast and did not do it right so I will blame the gun. I have been in combat Multiple times and I have never had a problem. Now my favorate Pact weapon is the RPK-74. what a dream to shot. no recoil at all. I can hold it one handed and hit stuff out to 100m on full auto. now I'm 6 foot 5 and weight in at 230 pounds but I have smaller friends and they can do the same thing. the weapon is just balanced so well. last year we fired a pair for 20k rounds and not one fail. out to about 800m I held a 2 mil beaten zone. I wish we would shit can our saw's and then use them. I love the RPK and would seek it out in combat.

These are just my opinions.
have a good newyear and stay safe.