View Single Post
Old 02-10-2009, 12:47 PM

I GM'd a campaign that lasted about 4 months, nearly every weekend. Had about a PC death each weekend. not on purpose but we just kept things realistic and that in itself lent that life was hard. If you rolled a 20 you had to reroll if you didn't maintain your gun to risk it exploding. They got all sorts of infections and would put each other out of their misery.

But, with this group we RP'd many games over about 6 years very hardcore. From Mechwarrior to Star Wars to Vampire and of all of us that campaign (only one I really GM'd) was everyones favorite.

Only time I was mean to a player is their was one guy who wanted to join and used to try and cheat ALL the time in our previous games. So I had this homebrew thing to get gear when ppl started out. He cheated and ended up with everything cool and overpowered. Had his own damn hovercraft, etc.

First encounter for him to link up with the group I told them before hand to not let him auto get in. They were driving along in a NATO tank and saw this Soviet hovercraft speed up toward them, which they promptly killed him and blew up all his precious gear.

He got the message and was a fair PC after that.

Worse thing you can do to a PC is kill them for little or no reason. To just be an asshole or to not listen or pay attention to them.