View Single Post
Old 11-05-2009, 12:15 PM
Out on bail

I'm a poor lonesome cowboy, and I'm a long, long waaaayy from hooome.

I used to live down south with my family before the war, whenever that was. I worked in my father's shop and picked up the trade from him. Working on trucks side by side with was heaven to me. The smell of oil and brake fluids on the floor. Mmmm those were the days, my friends. Soon I became pretty good, and was doing jobs along side of dad instead of with him.
When the tormoil started, jobs became fewer. I'd saved some money and bought a horse and a rifle - I would hunt for deer and hogs to add to the menu, and for sale. It was a pertty good life, and I learnt a lot. Good things and bad.

When mom split on us, I got kinda restless. Dad saw what I was going through, and pulled some strings for me with a couple of the guys he'd been working for. Pretty soon he fixed me a job with WilliesCo, working as a mechanic on the railway. I worked hard, and got noticed, and after a few years, I ended up close to Eureka. I built a small cabin for the horse and myself. It was lonely, but nevertheless it was what I wanted. Life was good to me, at least until all hell broke loose, and the bombs went off..

When Willies disappeared of the map, NDP took control of everything, and everything went to shit, life took a turn for the worse. Pretty soon there was little or no game to be caught, no cars, no trains, no nothing. I had to move into Eureka and start out as a common ruffian - a hired gun. I don't like it, but that's the way things are right now. I'm not holding my breath for a change either.

I just gotta stay sharper than the next guy, and keep moving.