View Single Post
Old 06-21-2017, 10:48 AM
Staff Headquarter Weinie

Default The Strait of Malacca

The Strait of Malacca

The Strait of Malacca or Straits of Malacca is a narrow, 890 km stretch of water between the Malay Peninsula and the Indonesian island of Sumatra

The strait is the main shipping channel between the Indian Ocean and the Pacific Ocean, linking major Asian economies such as India, China, Japan, Taiwan, and South Korea. Carrying about one-fourth of the world's traded goods, including oil, Chinese manufactured products, and Indonesian coffee. About a quarter of all oil carried by sea passes through the Strait, mainly from Persian Gulf suppliers to Asian markets.

In Game terms this means Soviet Naval Ships operating out of Cam Ranh Bay will try and use this strait to gain access to the Indian Ocean most commercial traffic will avoid this area for the same reason and due to the present of Soviet Naval Vessels in the South China Sea.

This means oil takes longer to reach China from the Middle East.

Hard to say if the Soviet would attempt to block the strait and they might need it if they want to attack US forces in the Indian Ocean.
Attached Images

Last edited by rcaf_777; 06-22-2017 at 08:19 AM.