View Single Post
Old 09-07-2017, 10:44 AM
The Stat Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medic View Post

If the U.S. were out of the way for the most part, North Korea might make a move on the south...
Maybe it's just because I had a high secutiry clearance, but I don't think the ROK itself would have a problem taking on North Korea, though the missiles are a wild card. The DPRK doesn't have many nukes, though they seen to have a lot of missiles, on which they could mount HE warheads or dirty bombs. But the ROK, by itself, could probably clean the DPRK's clock, and they have gotten a lot of new weapons since I left Korea and before my security clearance was pulled (which was, probably due to an oversight, wasn't pulled for about a decade after I got out of the Army). And then, the fact that they will have US help, and possibly ANZAC help and even Filipino help and British help (and others I can't mention), and the clock is thoroughly cleaned. and I don't think the Chinese will help this time; they're more concerned with North Korean refugees than anything else, and will beef up their border, but they won't send any troops this time.

Entirely too much T2K stuff here: www.pmulcahy.com