View Single Post
Old 09-12-2017, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by swaghauler View Post
I had this same fight with idiots on Youtube who think that all CAS is done with JADAMS from 20K feet. When I pointed out that I didn't like the idea of dropping a 1000lb bomb on a target 500m away, they tell me I don't know what I'm talking about. After all, those JADAMS will hit a 3m CEP. I guess that 1000lber's blast radius has an IFF function too...huh? When I point out that sometimes you need a good old fashioned "MK1 Eyeball" to look "over yonder" they talk about "survivability." The same a****les that don't want a jet flying low have NO PROBLEM killing a company of soldiers by sending them unsupported into a "meat grinder."

They need to repeal that ridiculous restriction on the Army flying CAS. The Army should then take the A10 and pay the Air Force for them so the flyboys can go buy more F35s. CAS is like sex or money... YOU CAN NEVER HAVE TOO MUCH OF IT!
The us army cannot have the A10's. the Key West agreement bares it. now back in 1988/89. they did work out a work around, that i don't think they will try again. From what i understand of the agreement. The army would pay for and man the units in peace time, but in time of war they would fall under the USAF for command. Now with the problems of finding parts for an air-frame that last came off the lines in 1984. I don't see them risking that much money on a 30 year old air frame (at best).