View Single Post
Old 02-26-2009, 10:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legbreaker
Ok, so how long do you expect those urban people to remain starving in their cities and towns after the first rumour of food in the country is heard?
Days, weeks, years?

Just because people live in certain areas today, doesn't mean there wouldn't be a radical population shift over the course of a few days and weeks. Famine is just one cause, fear of radiation is another.
Of course, no! However, on the bright side, we have guns, plenty of ammunitions, knifes, spears, forks, big hunting dogs... They don't.

Moreover, we would be more than willing to feed the few who have weapons or some kind of usefull knowledge (former doctors or policemen for exemple). For the others, I have a major doubt except for the first time. Anyway, that's what mass grave are made for. Someone, elsewhere, talked about the countryside taking in the family (and I'm not thinking about extended familiy) and, then, closing the gates. I think he is right.

Definitely, I share Jester's position. Also, he is more serious about it but he explained it so well that I didn't need to be .