View Single Post
Old 09-14-2018, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalos72 View Post
So I have seen some numbers of 600000 M-16 in US Military stores...

From the best I can tell, we added maybe 60-70k in new "training" divisions during the war...leaving 500kish M-16's in US inventories.

Does the US store this level of weaponry? Where?

Do they have the same level of supplies for things like kit/clothes/battle gear?

How do people feel about the "us_army_build-up_and_mobilization" document? Seems like there is ALOT of possibilities for creating new light units if you can get the training organized post TDM. Assuming the supplies are there...some where.
TOO LOW. At last count, we had around 3 MILLION M16 rifles (of all types) in stockpiles. We still had around 400K M14 rifles when Rock Island began producing the M14 EBRs for the Army. They didn't even put a dent in the M16A1 supply when they built the M16A1 based SPR Rifles. This is why I find it funny when people talk about units equipped with shotguns being fielded by MILGOV. They have rifles stockpiled EVERYWHERE in battalional or Divisional sized numbers. I remember the 28th Division (PA National Guard) swapping out ONE HUNDRED THOUSAND M16A1s for the A2 in the 1990's. PA does NOT have 100,000 National Guardsmen under contract.