Thread: Contact pack
View Single Post
Old 05-03-2015, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kato13 View Post
I have PET bottles I have used for 5 years. Several of which have gone through multiple freezing cycles. When the cap is tight the pressure keeps the form pretty well (air or water). That might keep them from getting crushed.
That's great but that still doesn't make them a great bet. You weren't carrying them on your person in a post-apocalyptic environment. They're a bad bet to last, and anyone relying on them for water is going to stick out.

Quote:
Peanuts are grown in about a third of the country
Which just means that they aren't grown in the other two thirds.

Quote:
That might expand after the war due to peanuts fixing nitrogen (a good replacement for fertilizer).
In the long term, sure, but 5 years post-apocalypse they are not likely making much progress on this front. If anything, the presumption should be that agriculture as a whole is in terrible shape, not that it has expanded!

Quote:
You could have a dozen different food types and you eat the ones that don't match the area.
Or you could just give them a selection of pre-war canned goods. They would still be good and you could always say you found them in some abandoned house en route.

Quote:
I want the kit to allow for various options. The improvised knife is if you are playing someone who lost things that were more dangerous.
It isn't a spy kit, and MP team members don't have spy training! Making a complicated story or giving complicated options is a great way to trip someone up.

Quote:
As to the cannabis that is exactly the point. I doesn't look like something a military person would have and it has trade value.
It does, but my concern is that the greatest value of this would be in sharing it... literally. Like, "let's smoke some weed together, friend!" It seems like whisky or some other potable would be easier to explain, justify, and use.