View Single Post
Old 02-01-2009, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jester
What would be eaten in T2K:

... In coastal areas I can see people raising muscles <easy really>

and harvesting kelp and seaweed.
I like several of your ideas Jest but I'll ask for a few clarification and I'll add a few more.

First what do you call Pine Needle? Is that what we call Pignons (a Pine fruit)? Another thing: what is Danelion?

In terms of vegetables I think that you can add several things that are easily grown: Rutabaga, Jerusalem Artichoke and Oats.

You could also add several types of gourds and marrows (including pumpkin and pickles)

I don't know for the Americas but for Europe several wild plants are also eatable: rhubarb, nettle (soup) and... dandelion (I just found what it is ). Of course, you can add several type of berries including blackberries, wild cherries...

For the animals, I think you overlooked one: Guinea Pigs. Goats (milk and cheese) will be around also but someone else already said it.

Frogs of course are also easily raised and more easily captured than fish. I can catch about 10 frog in half an hour while I can spend several days trying to catch a single fish.

And of course, you can plan on snails. Raising them is very easy as you just need a small quite river. You just have to carve several artificial islands with plenty of grass on them. Put the snails on them and wait until the right period. When a snail is stuck on an island, they simply cannot get out.