View Single Post
Old 02-27-2016, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crajon39 View Post
I know that in the Play manual , it mention a woman named Gordon . But how does the community feel about women in combat . When I was on active duty, I never gave it a thought because if the balloon went up , everyone was stuck together . But now it seems to be a deal . Especially women in combat roles , I know that there are women in logistics, medical , administrative sections but what about infantry ? If a body can use a weapon then great, I really do not who they are . I have had female players in the past play female characters and it was fun , they added an insight to the game . So let me know about this subject .
For games I think it is a fun idea as the real life issues do not come into play. Harold Coyle wrote several books that had some of the issues in them (he had females in combat).In real life I think that the problems out weigh the positives. Some others issues that I see is just muscle mass. For example in tanks when I was in you started as the loader, your first promotion was to the Driver. I have known lots of women that just due to size would not be able to do the job, so do you not let them be in Armor or do you start her as a driver? I have watched female mechanics who could not lift there own tool boxes, so they had to send a guy with her to carry the tool box, this made what was a one person job into now a two person job. A second issue that I see (and I know it is not PC) but from what I have seen men and women are wired a bit different. One example that comes to mind, when I was in Medic school we had a training exercise were they had two patients one that was easy to find and they could not save the second one that the second one could be saved but only if they got to them quickly. Almost every female that I saw went to the first patient and worked on them tell they "died", then they went to look for others and found the second who was two far gone to save. Most males skipped the first one after a quick look seeing that they could not save them, and then moved on and found the second who they were able to save. Now having said that once you make it to the hospital I would much rather have the first type medic, but in combat the second.