View Single Post
Old 04-06-2012, 11:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olefin View Post
I remember Leg arguing that only 9 ships existed in the USN because thats all that were mentioned at the time - then Challenger 42 comes out and now there are three DD's specifically mentioned as being in service and part of the Omega Task Force
That is a misquote. I stated that was all that were listed in canon and did not close the door to the possibility of others.

In fact you will find at several occasions I have stated the possibility of additional ships, of ALL nations (specifically Soviet), but none in 100% working order.

The one factor which cannot be ignored though is balance. To increase the effective strength of one side will radically upset the delicate balance of T2K and turn it from a playable post apocalyptic game to an exercise in comparing military penises. Increase both sides and you have to justify supporting those units and explain why such "strong" units are no longer able to prosecute the war.

Nothing happens in isolation - it's called "the butterfly effect"

Mors ante pudorem