View Single Post
Old 12-08-2009, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RN7 View Post
One British Army Armoured Regiment had 70x Challenger, 4x Sultan, 8x Scorpion, 10x FV432, 8x Ferret. In the 90’s three armoured regiments were based in the UK, and two of them were not assigned to reinforce the BAOR in Germany. One British Army Territorial Yeomanry Regiment had 80x Fox, 20x Spartan, 11x Sultan, 11x Ferret and 5x Samaritan. One British Army Light Field Artillery Regiment had 24-18x 105mm guns. Any one of them could easily be transported to Ireland by ferry in a few hours.
I think I remember and know that you are quite accurate. As I said my point of view is that Ireland remains neutral and helps UK fighting the IRA. I also adopted the OOB developped by someone from the former forum where these regular units have been replaced by territorial units more lightly equipped.

However, I didn't checked CA's timeline in regard of the game's timeline. I have not refered to any of the original timelines in a couple of months and as my personnal biological computer is already overloaded with informations, I don't retain a precize memory of it (I had to overwrite that part of my braindisc).

In my mind these units were either sent overseas or vaporized by the heavy nuclear strike on UK. That counts also for most ferries (at least these in the Irish Sea). If CA's timeline takes place before that, I would advise that what he describes should happen a little later. I agree with you that the Irish would be fools to move against regular UK units.