View Single Post
Old 05-11-2017, 07:14 PM

Default I'm a packrat....

I spent a good 3 hours today going through folders full of old character sheets and session notes. I set out a lot for recycling and kept almost half.

Among the Twilight:2000 things, I (finally) labelled some folders for campaigns I've run in the past, keeping only summaries and character sheets. I was surprised that I'd written a summary for my first game, which was all of the first-series Poland modules, as they came out in 1985-86. I did keep the many pages of things I'd written for Kalisz, one page for each town, with its defenses and Pact occupiers. I think I wanted to remind myself how detail-obsessive I can be.

I set aside several pages on the US Army OoB and discrepancies with the real thing, and some posted from other sources. I'll muck with those later.

I pulled a handful of Soviet SOF characters that my brother rolled up for some game that I no longer remember. I'll be using them in a future adventure someday. I was amused to remember that they bore a passing resemblance to the Oktober Guard of the GIJoe comic books-- my bro and I collected the first 75 issues.

I had found that there were folders in different places, which is what got me onto this project today (not like I didn't have a lot of other things to do on a day off ). I had been looking for a piece of information that niggled at my memory, that I wanted for next month's convention game. I was surprised to find that among the old character sheets, there were two with names that I had used on the convention pre-gens. Eerie, as I thought I had come up with those out of the blue.