View Single Post
Old 06-21-2017, 12:00 PM

The two Guard brigades are standard infantry, their component battalions are the 800 man battalions, their artillery battalions are supposed to be 6 tubes batteries of M-101 105mm howitzer.

The 193rd is a bit of a question mark, I've seen it listed as standard infantry and as light infantry, the attached arty battery also shows as 6 or 8 tubes and listed as M-101 howitzer.

Another big question mark are the Rangers, IRL, 1st, 2nd and 3rd battalions are the line units, 4th, 5th and 6th are the training units. Would there have been enough lead time to create additional line battalions? Grabbing surplus cadre from the training units along with the next graduating class might allow a new battalion, but the NG has independent Ranger companies, that EVERYBODY overlooks, not mention the Pathfinder companies, enough personnel to field another battalion.

As far as the engineer support, what I've listed are an engineer combat battalion and the brigade engineer combat companies, with a SeeBee battalion this should be enough to operate the locks, the big question would then be, how badly are the locks damaged? It maybe necessary for an engineer brigade to be deployed for reconstruction.

One thing that always strikes me are the incredible numbers of independent companies and detachments that the Guard and Army Reserve maintains. The last time I sat down to try to get a total number, I reached over 300 before I gave up. Many resources simply list "numerous". Ah well, the Army does thrive on chaos!