View Single Post
Old 03-24-2018, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StainlessSteelCynic View Post
These are all meant to be scenes to make the Players wonder. They have no answer to their mystery and they have no connection to the adventure unless of course you choose to incorporate them into your scenario.

A macabre scene of two recently dead enemy soldiers in a shellhole, arranged as though they are playing poker for empty bottles of booze (the bottles have traces of alcohol in them and they still smell of some rotgut whisky). The bodies are propped up with sticks. Their uniforms are dirty and torn and they have no usable equipment except the pack of cards.

A collection (2d10+2) of boots. They're in a range of sizes and all in usable condition except that they are all for the left foot (or the right foot, if you will).

A NATO Kevlar helmet with scraps of hair and large splotches of blood. Nothing particularly unusual except that the helmet has been cut into two halves and what you're looking at is the right side half.

A crashed military light truck/jeep. There's bloodstains on the seats but the most interesting thing is that there are several circular saw blades embedded deep into the bodywork, doors and the windscreen. It's as though they were launched from some device. Some of them have penetrated through the doors and could have injured the person sitting next to that door.
(If you want to give the Players a clue, I imagined this scenario as one where the attackers had built themselves a ballista or three that could fire the sawblades. One ballista may have been damaged and left behind and can be found nearby in a typical ambush position, with about a dozen unused sawblades piled next to it).

EDIT: I meant to say as well, that these are in response to Draq's request for some more of the "stranger" things to encounter.
Ooh yes thank you. You come across these kind of unexplained things in video games if you look around enough and I find it adds a pleasant mix of fear, confusion and curiosity