View Single Post
Old 03-01-2017, 12:58 PM
Staff Headquarter Weinie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalos72 View Post
Well, I was looking at more international communications. How do I speak to the MILGOV forces in Korea for example?

There are indications at least that were still some working comms from Colorado to Korea and maybe Iran but the writing implies those are hanging on by a string, and when it breaks?

I guess civilian radios are an option but obviously a working military radio network would be optimal, although apparently not very possible.
Well comms in Colorado could be the Green Pine UHF communications system, or AN/FRC-117 Survivable Low Frequency Communications System (SLFCS) which uses UHF and VLF both are part of the Post-Attack Command and Control System.

There is also AN/URC-117 Ground Wave Emergency Network, which also could be used although this was network was cancelled in 1994, 58 towers where built and more could built at the start of the Twilight war.

There are also several organizations that could help out the military with overseas communications they are:

Radio Amateur Civil Emergency Service(RACES)
American Radio Relay League (ARRL)
Military Auxiliary Radio System (MARS)

Also your idea of launching some small comms satellites, is something the USAF had in their AN/DRC-8 Emergency Rocket Communications System although is was canceled in 1991, it might be modified and used in 2000/01 if the USAF has any Minuteman II left

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AN/DRC...cations_System