View Single Post
Old 04-07-2012, 07:17 PM
Banned

Actually having 5th Corps evacuated out with its AFV's is part of the alternate timeline that I have started to flesh out. When we did the RDF my GM looked at the 5th Corps and then looked at 6000 men and it made perfect sense - that they were sent out in their own evac, with their AFV's as part of an operation that deviated from Omega.

I.e. Omega took everyone but 5th Corps home without their tanks and 5th Corp went with their tanks and men to the RDF, giving them the men and AFV's to stop the last Soviet offensive and then push them out of Iran.

And how did they keep their tanks - because they got evac'd with ships from the states while the rest had to go home on the German ships and the fare for those ships was their heavy weapons and vehicles.

It also explains why the East Coast is so short of fuel in Troubled Waters - because they had to give most of their fuel to the convoy taking the 5th Corps to the RDF.

And by the way all of those suppositions fit totally into canon - it supports the written material of Omega and the RDF, explains where the 6000 men came from, and how the US and its allies drove the Soviets out of Iran for 2300 AD.

As for Tarawa - having her dispatched for an Asian Omega also makes a lot of sense - where are a bunch of Marine units that would need to be evacuated - answer- Korea. And she would be perfect to evacuate them.

And Leg, Tarawa being added to the USN in no way harms canon. She doesnt overpower any scenario or the outcome of any scenario.

Plus she adds a great way to get players back to Europe for the return to Europe scenario as well - i.e. she is late to the party for Omega or does the RDF evac - goes back to the States with the men who in the RDF choose to go home (it is mentioned that some do choose to go home and the best way to get them home is the ship or ships that brought the reinforcements), then is dispatched to Europe (possibly after being fueled with some of the oil from Gulf Forty) for a second Omega to get the remains of the 8th ID and the Marines out (and drops the player party off for the Return modules as well)