View Single Post
Old 11-21-2017, 11:31 PM
Registered Registrant

I remember Aether Traveller That guy (I believe his name was Jerry something-or-other), also had conversions of AD&D creatures to T2k 2nd Ed stats so that they could be used for Dark Conspiracy and Cadillacs & Dinosaurs.
One of the worst problems I've encountered with the robotic crawling & copying of various websites as done by such archive sites as the Internet Archive, is that they don't follow many (if any) of the links on any given page. So while you have the frontpage, any links to additional content are purely luck-of-the-draw if they have been included in the archive
This is very obvious when you try to browse the archive pages of the old RPG Host and Web RPG forums, you might get the main page and a few sub-pages but very few of the actual threads were captured and preserved

However with Aether Traveller, I've found that many of the links were preserved but you have to be prepared to trawl around the Internet Archive Wayback Machine through the years of about 2005 to 2008. It seems that 2006 was one of the better years for the Wayback Machine to capture links from Aether Traveller.
I only really had one issue with Jerry's work, he used volume for size measurements for equipment while most other sites used typical dimensions of height/length/width, so it sometimes required a bit of extra research to incorporate his gear into your own game.

For those who don't have the links: -
General page - 2008: https://web.archive.org/web/20081006....com/index.htm
As mentioned above, while there's a number of broken links, sometimes you can find a working version if you select a different year.