View Single Post
Old 07-15-2018, 10:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragoon500ly View Post
I concur, I find the thought of equipping the Project with a fusion demo charge and nerve has rockets to be well beyond what is needed to rebuild. In my games, neither is issued.
I don't have a problem with TMP having fusion charges, only the relatively easy availability.

One of the problems facing the Project is that they are comparatively undermanned against a serious and determined enemy. In the early years it is possible that there are large rogue US elements or invading forces or domestic militias that are beyond the capability of MARS to address. Phoenix is one potential solution, but may not be the best solution depending on the circumstances. Being able to drop a low-radiation, controllable WMD on this kind of force may be the best way to handle one, and could be the only way for the Project to accomplish its mission or even survive.

That having been said, availability and control of these weapons should be sharply limited, with most forces not even aware they exist. Perhaps a few teams in each Region have been trained on them, with fire control limited to Regional or perhaps just National commanders. It should be harder to get or detonate a fusion charge than it is to get just about anything else in the inventory. And NO biological or lethal chemical weapons in the inventory, other than samples for Science.