View Single Post
Old 11-15-2008, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by headquarters
our group invariably knock the table around ,spill beer ,herring,ashes or tobacoo,sneeze on it or just fumble something that makes minis etc unpractical -
I lovely preserve a pair of large and worn-out folders with all the character sheets of my players. Yellowish papers with coffee stains and cigarette burns. About the use of miniatures and other resources, if I think about it thoroughly, in the past we managed to get the same fun only with the "paper and pencil" method. Veteran role playing groups usually tend to become more and more sophisticated, not only in the "mechanics", but in the gaming plots. Story lines that worked perfectly well in the past can seem too much simple now. Sometimes I have the impression, as GM, to be forced to do "another turn on the screw". A few weeks ago I had the temptation to take these old stained character sheets out of their folders and show them to my players while shouting "Do you remember when we were more ingenuous and our role gaming was easier??!!"