Thread: Rations
View Single Post
Old 07-13-2021, 08:19 PM
Staff Headquarter Weinie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDAT View Post
When was this? We still had MKT's when I got out in 2012, they may not have been used much but were still in the inventory, and our cooks still trained to use them (as much as anything else they did).

Give this a read

https://www.nap.edu/read/5002/chapter/7

The US army was feeding a lot of troops using MRE and Tray rations during the first Gulf war and there were found in the Brigade Service Area behind the front line. There are only four MKT per mechanized infantry brigade.

In the game setting, you see makeshift kitchens with whatever army or civilians cooking. You will also see bakeries and maybe a few small kitchens specialized in certain tasks, IE meat cooking, smoking, etc.

You might still have MRE but like other foods stock, they would most likely armed guards with orders to shoot looters.

it would interesting to see how units address the large logestics of feed. You need plates, mugs, glasses, knife forks spoons, pots and pans ect

While the US army has some of thses where are you going spare or spare parts for cooking systems.

Food for Thought lol