View Single Post
Old 01-07-2010, 05:35 AM
The Good Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by StainlessSteelCynic View Post
John, I'd like to ask if you could translate the following please: -

"TK-Kustannus otti käyttöön hienomman nimen FGH (Finnish Game House). Se teki ensimmäisen pelinsä kääntämällä GDW:n pelin Twilight 2000, joka käsittelee ydinsodan jälkeistä aikaa. Siihen julkaistiin myös kaksi suomalaisten tekemään lisäosaa . Twilight ilmeisesti rokotti resursseja niin paljon, että Seikkailijaa ilmestyi vain yksi numero (7)."

The best I can come up with using Google Translate is: -

"TK-cost imposed a fine name FGH (Finnish Game House). It was the first game by turning the GDW's game Twilight 2000, which deals with the post-nuclear war. It also released two additional part of the Finns do. Twilight apparently rokotti resources so much that the adventurer appeared in only one number (7)."

While that makes some sense, it isn't clear enough to really understand
I got the paragraph from here http://web.archive.org/web/200710130...&theme=Printer

The reason I ask is because I am trying to find if Finnish Game House still exists, (they published the Finnish Twilight: 2000 books) because it may be possible to get their permission to translate the important parts of the book. The best information about them I have been able to find is "A small Finnish publisher from 1990's. Has published mostly RPG's, such as Finnish versions of Cyberpunk, Paranoia and Stormbringer, but also some boardgames, like Illuminati." from http://72.233.16.130/boardgamepublis...ish-game-house

Even if they don't exist anymore, I think under fair use you could translate a certain percentage (I think it's approximately 30-40%) without worry as long as the appropriate credit is given and you aren't trying to make money from it.
In English it's: "TK-Kustannus renamed itself into the fancier FGH (Finnish Game House). It published its first game by translating GDW's post-nuclear war RPG Twilight 2000. Two Finnish-made additions were also published for it. Apparently, Twilight taxed resources so much that only one issue of Seikkailija (a magazine?) appeared (7)."