View Single Post
Old 02-24-2009, 04:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kato13
As much as we in the US joke about state rivalries, I don't see state borders meaning as much as the urban/rural one. I think that someone from rural Illinois is going to feel more kinship to someone from rural Iowa or Wisconsin that they would towards an urban dweller who happens to be from the same state.
That's exactly what I'm looking for.

For France, you can find the same kind of reactions. I'm currently living in a "Canton" (similar to a county) where you'll find allied villages and ennemy villages. While working in another area, people from one valley wouldn't care about what was going on in the next one. Anyway, In France, the term Allien would apply to anyone not living in your village/town.

In the case of T2K you would find a few more specific situations: Corsica, Britany, and the Basque region. Corsica and the south-east of France could exactly become what it is described per cannon. Britany, would become semi-independent. At last, the Basque could join with the Basque of Spain. Nice could become independent again.

Finally, you'll probably find a number of interregional tensions such as between Alsace and Lorraine (they almost hate each other).

However, you can forget about the mountainous regions entering open rebellion as there are no point for this to happen.

For France, I could imagine (especially if it's lightly hit) that a central government remain but with the local authorities getting more power that what they do today.