View Single Post
Old 10-21-2008, 12:57 AM

Bon dia!!!

I think, Raellus, that your have begun a very interesting thread. I agree about all the suggestions of the previous post. So, I only will add some touches:

- If you are not motivated about a game, you can not referee it. Wait for better inspiration or leave it.

- Normally, the realistic, open-ended campaigns are the more difficult to maintain. The GM has prepared the things carefully and the sensation of the bad taste in your mouth after what you think a mediocre session can last for weeks. Trying to make short RPG sessions with reachable goals is a good manner to "reset" the possible effect of a mediocre session for the next one.

-Your feeling about the current game may not be the feeling of your players.

-For me, roleplaying sessions with novice groups are the more effective way to recharge batteries. Sometimes, a veteran group could have such rigid game dynamics that a GM can become depressed trying to change the rhythm, the focus and the atmosphere.

-Finally, if, per example, two players of your group can not play this weekend, try to referee a new one-session game with the rest. It could be a good chance to try another genre. With less players it's easier to keep the rythm, the atmosphere and the attention.