View Single Post
Old 11-28-2011, 06:11 PM
Internet Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragoon500ly View Post
I've debated this one for some time, this is why I went with several Warlords holding co-equal power....if one starts a power grab, then there is a safe guard to take out the deviant....and with the followers brainwashed from birth to believe in Krell the God, then there is a check in case all of the Warlords try to overthrow.
Makes as much sense as any other concept. This can explain the how much the resources and capabilities of the Krell forces have diminished so much. The internal (Clan???) struggles as each Krell faction kills rivals in another faction (Clan ?). Can’t go with the other Commander having the Engineers that make nukes go boom, or let the other Leader keep a Scientist who can kill you with a plague. What is seen today could be explained away as these are not the core of the Krell empire. That Krell keeps his engineers, scientists, doctors, and what not around him. Tools in a tool box if you will. Probably in cryosleep since they can’t be replaced (or trusted!) maybe even forced into the cryotubes.
So Krell wakes exhorts his followers to Conquest! He raises the necessary servants (loyal or not) that build or repair the weapons and war engines. Krell arranges the marriages, alliances, and hostage taking that binds his Empire together. Sets the machine in motion……… Maybe enjoys the spoils for a bit (dancing girls anyone?) then stuffs his valuable servants back into cryotubes, sets his safeguards and enters cryosleep himself for a set period (random 3-20 years) ……………..
Or anything else.
Quote:
I see the ship as being powered by sail and steam, fuel supplies may run short but the wind is always there sort of thing. The thing that I questioned was if Krell is in the Midwest......then how and why is he on the Pacific coast? The weak part of the modules has always been that the background was never consistent.
Bireme, Trireme, Quinquereme……… Maybe the Team expects Blackbeard’s masted schooner and see something that look like Jason and the Argonauts.
Yes, why does Krell (or his Minions) have a ship in the Pacific? Does the Brotherhood in Mexico approve?
Quote:
Small squads attacking across a bridge against a dug-in tank....I'd bet on the tank, especially if the attackers had no anti-tank weapons. But Lucifer had a drive northwards by Krell, surely there were larger formations to provide the necessary punch?
I wouldn’t a Tank on it’s own without Infantry support, especially being used as a pill box is toast. The 105 and the Coax are on the same axes. The cupola can turn 360 for sure, the man using it can only aim in one direction and look in one direction. This isn’t even a Tank in good repair. It doesn’t even have Active Infrared.. The Krell will take it out after killing the supporting Militia Troopers. Probably at night. Enough random shots to keep the crew buttoned up, then pack flammable under it and cook them out. Smoke them out too maybe as the NBC system (did it have one?) isn’t working without atleast battery power.

Quote:
Krell's destruction of Prime Base always struck me as poorly thought out. If one suspected that a base of the enemy was in the area, then a biological/chemical weapon makes sense. But if there was any suspicion that a major base was present, then why nuke it, why not 2-3,000 of your loyal troops to besiege the base, attack the base, take over the base? There had to be a reason why the Grand Deception was undertaken, some suspicion that Krell had to know the location of Prime.
The only reasonable answer I can come up with is that the Krell forces mistook this for another Regional or Supply base and not the HQ for the whole project.