View Single Post
Old 09-17-2017, 04:56 PM

I wish you luck. Prime Base is the worst of the modules; it's simply unplayable

But it's a brave effort. I would suggest that the "edit" starts with removing/altering the stuff that players will find implausible (dinosaurs, for example).

Remove/alter the stuff that players will hate (the super-competent Phoenix team, for example)

Remove/alter the stuff that players will laugh at (the Prime Base computer, for example)

SO what is left? Only puzzles? That's very hard to do in a way that entertains players. You'll probably find that only one player is interested. It also needs some sort of conflict to keep players "on their toes". I would suggest that someone else is also trying to get into the base... Perhaps they've already tripped over some of the automated defences

Frozen Chosen?
Snake Eaters?
The descendants of a Morrow Team on a sort of pilgrimage?

If you want to make it really complex then maybe TWO groups have found Prime Base and are likely to fight each other plus the PCs. The players may have to negotiate for a share of the loot

Then we must decide if the players are ever going to use this facility (probably not, IMHO). After all, it's over 150 years old, and hasn't had any maintenance. It's frankly unpleasant and superfluous. Once they've found the MacGuffin, it would be wise to relocate

And maybe it could be in Indiana?
http://qctimes.com/news/local/barb-i...2204ab112.html