View Single Post
Old 07-02-2017, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalos72 View Post
Thats logical.

But dont you waste alot of duplication, both in personnel and facilities? How many Team Leaders, comms guys or drives do you really need?
First, let me apologize for missing your breakdown on your proposed team - I started typing that last post and then had to step away for a couple of days, and I missed some important detail. Your team is more akin to a Morrow Group, combining what are essentially several different teams under one command.

As to duplication, yes, you could be more efficient by organizing differently, but efficiency is not the only driving measure of performance, and security says that putting all your eggs in one basket is a bad idea. Security says we should maximize the distribution of assets, efficiency says we should largely minimize that distribution, balancing them out means making trades. Combining multiple functions in one facility adds a lot of cost-savings but relatively few improvements in actual efficiency at significant costs in security.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalos72 View Post
Also, in my structure it doesnt mean you can't assign a portion of the group to another area. Let me think about this some more...
Very true, see my earlier note about missing when you poste your structure. I think the big difference is that you are making the presumption that your subteams will generally work together, I (and others on this thread) am making the assumption that they will generally work separately. I think a lot depends on the assumptions you are making in your world, and if you are putting this together for a T2k-base game then the assumptions are inherently different.