Thread: TW2k13
View Single Post
Old 05-05-2015, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cdnwolf View Post
What would be the effect of extreme cold on weapons? Also can you do one for high altitude fighting. I am looking to have some battles in the Alp regions.
In addition to what I posted before; You must consider range effects based on altitude. The thin air will allow an increase in range with most long arms (pistol ammo will not have an appreciable effect in 2013 range band rules). In version 2.2, you should allow 2 meters for pistols, 5 meters for SMGs and shotguns, and 10 meters for rifles. It is for this reason that most world's record shots are at altitude.

Vehicles will suffer a loss of top speed and acceleration above 10K feet. For every 1000 feet in elevation (starting at 10k ft) reduce the vehicle's acceleration and top speed by 10%. Two stroke motors (sorry all you Harley Riders and my fellow truckers) are particularly vulnerable due to the engine needing to compress the fuel for proper ignition. My Pete was breathing really hard when I crossed the Rockies and I was only at about 5500 feet.

You must also consider what happens to the human body at altitudes above 10k feet. The air is so thin at this altitude that you should add 1 level of Fatigue for anyone not acclimated to this altitude. If your fighting in Peru; remember that above 14K feet, you must add another level of Fatigue for anyone not acclimated to the altitude. Above 14K, you are in the "Danger Zone." Prolonged exposure to altitudes above 14k feet can result in all kinds of cardiac and respiratory problems. The UV radiation at this altitude is also very potent. If your fighting on K2; Altitudes above 20K are known as "The Death Zone." You are literally dying from O2 starvation. Every day you are above 20K feet without bottled O2 to breath, make a roll verses your CON. A failed roll equals the loss of 1 point of CON. The difficulty of this roll should be based on your level of exertion. When your CON hits 0, YOU DIE.
Acclimation takes about 2 weeks of exposure to the altitude in question. You cannot acclimate to 20K+ foot altitudes.

Last edited by swaghauler; 05-05-2015 at 07:58 PM.