View Single Post
Old 03-21-2017, 12:00 PM

I've run a number of non-standard scenarios

"Vampire the Masquerade" PC vampires go into "torpor" when the bombs fall. They wake up 150 years later...

"Time Storm" I ripped-off the basic idea from Gordon R Dickson's book. People and communities are somehow picked up from various eras and scattered across the world. I set it in the UK and the main "military power" was a 1944 US Navy airbase commanded by a President Kennedy (JFK's older brother)

" Queen Victoria's Bomb" The basic idea was that a British scientist developed a nuclear device after re-engineering something left over from the War of the Worlds invasion. Pax Britannica ended when the other powers build their weapons and World War 1 turned out more like World War 3 (at least in Western Europe and Russia). After a few decades, the PC descendants of European refugees return to see what's happening in "the old countries"

"Witch World meets Doomfarers of Coramonde" Andre Norton's "Witchworld" series has people from our world visiting the "Witch World", which has a satisfyingly weird collection of races, technologies and psionic/magic powers (there's a very good GURPS supplement, BTW). "Doomfarers of Coramonde" is about the crew of a Vietnam Armored Infantry M113 finding themselves in a fantasy world. Well, I put a 1990's British Army REME unit into the Witch World. They were getting quite confident fighting the people with spears and arrows. That was until they found something which looked like the Bayeux Tapestry and noticed that it featured cavalry, bowmen and a platoon of tanks...
I never did get to play with that scenario the way I wanted. But, maybe someday