View Single Post
Old 02-22-2024, 02:16 PM
Your Friendly 92Y20!

Hi Guys!

As you can tell, I haven't been around for quite some time. I can't really go into details, but last year was challenging for me on a number of fronts (personally, professionally and health-wise) and in December it all came to a head.

As I move forward, I cannot devote the time that sustaining this thread requires - in fact, I was struggling to keep up for most of last year. Indeed, continuing the effort places me in a certain amount of jeopardy professionally. It pains me to do so, but I have to suspend the effort to keep this going, probably for quite some time. I wish I could keep it going, but I just can't risk it.

As a partial wrap-up, the remainder of the action on the Central and Southern European fronts (at a higher level than this thread) were detailed in my earlier document and some pretty photos of the remainder of the war are in my Illustrated History of the Third World War that I worked up a few years back. Google took my website down a few years back and I never completed its replacement (setting that effort aside along with several other efforts), but the Wayback machine has a copy of the website here. Its likely that another document I wrote up will appear in the next edition of the fanzine.

I appreciate all the assistance, support and encouragement that folks here provided! I really did enjoy the opportunity to share stories and make things in the timeline GDW developed come to life.

I will try to stop by from time to time and see what is going on.

Thanks!
(I won't say Good Luck, You're On Your Own! )
I love the smell of napalm in the morning. You know, one time we had a hill bombed, for 12 hours. When it was all over, I walked up. We didn't find one of 'em, not one stinkin' body. The smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole hill. Smelled like... victory. Someday this war's gonna end...