Thread: Horses in T2K
View Single Post
Old 07-01-2009, 08:12 AM

Horses have been an important issue around here for month. I agree with you general, horses will quickly become important but you'll find huge differences according to regions.

Actually, this will not only be true of horses but it will be true of all kind of burden annimals: Mules, Donkeys, Camels, Oxes, Elephants, Lamas and even... dogs. Strangely, I have the feeling that the less advanced countries will find themselves in a better position. In T2K I'll rather be a peasant in Mali than one in the great plains of US or in the farmlands of France.

However, even as I have always been a supporter of horses in T2K, I can see several difficulties. Many actual mounts won't be well suited for even mild tasks and they will probably end up as food. In addition, the actual population is certainly not sufficient but several communties will probably engage themselves in a "short term" breeding process. This can help a bit in a matter of a few years but such communities will also attract attention and they will soon find themselves under attack. Their survival and success will depend on their hability to repel invaders.